|My sister Beth, Grandma B and I on mother's day 2004|
|My roomies <3|
|One of my favorite nights in AZ|
- 1 package dry yeast & 1/5 cup lukewarm milk - disolve and let stand
- 1 lb. crisco & 4 cups flour - work like for pie crust and then add
- 1 cup cream or canned milk, beaten with 3 eggs yolks, mix well and add yeast mixture and beat.
- Put in refrigerator over night.
- Next day roll out dough on sugar and cut out with a glass. With bottom of smaller glass, make impression in center for filling. Let raise about 30 mins., bake in 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Remove with spatula as soon as you take them from the oven, or else they will stick to cookie sheet.
- You can put dough in freezer and use a piece at a time. Makes about 100 kolacky.
Thanks to my cousin, Mel for the picture and finding me the recipe. I got to see her this past weekend in Tucson, where we both stayed with our family - Aunt Sarah, Hank and cousin, Leeann for easter. It was also Leeann's birthday - Happy 16th! Time to drive :) It was fun visiting and going through old family photos.
|Cousin Leeann, Aunt Sarah, Me and Cousin Melissa|
More blogs to come:
Visit to Vail